Charge to the Committee
The Committee on Academic Advising is responsible for all aspects of Colgate’s programs for academic advising. The committee will:
- respond to questions and requests proposed to it by the board;
- review proposed changes in policies and programs affecting academic advising, and;
- review existing academic advising policies and programs and make recommendations to the board as seems desirable to the committee.
Membership will consist of:
- Chair of Academic Advising, a faculty member appointed to a three-year renewable term by the dean of the faculty
- Four faculty members (one each from the Divisions of the Arts and Humanities, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, and Social Sciences, and University Studies; elected by the faculty for staggered three-year terms)
- Two students elected by the Student Senate
- The chair of the First-Year Seminar Program
- A representative of the Academic Affairs Board
- Dean of First-Year Students (ex officio)
- Director of Academic Support & Disability Services (ex officio)
- Registrar (ex officio)
Meeting TimesThe committee will convene as needed, at least once each semester.
Contact the chair of the advising committee for agenda and minutes.