Charge to the Committee
The committee is responsible for supporting the learning assessment coordinator in overseeing the annual assessment reports of departments and programs; developing and proposing for consideration by the Academic Affairs Board (AAB) policies and procedures for appropriate uses of learning assessment data; developing and proposing for consideration by the AAB means of assessing the university-wide learning goals established in the Spring of 2010 and the residential education goals of the dean of the college; overseeing implementation of those measures going forward; and contributing to self-studies and periodic reports in connection with re-accreditation.
Membership will consist of:
- Assessment coordinator, a faculty member appointed by the Dean of the Faculty
- Associate vice president for the Office of Institutional Analysis
- One associate dean of the faculty (to be appointed by the dean of the faculty)
- One representative from the Office of the Dean of the College (to be appointed by the dean of the college)
- The university studies division director or his/her appointee representing the CORE
- Four faculty (one each from the divisions of the arts and humanities, natural sciences and mathematics, social sciences; and University Studies; elected by the faculty for three-year terms, which are renewable)
- University Librarian or their appointee
- One student representative from the Academic Affairs Board
Elected representatives serve staggered three‐year terms.
Meets bi-weekly, Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m.
Neil Albert, associate provost for institutional analysis; university registrar
|Doug Johnson, associate dean of the faculty|
|Ellen Holm, dean of the college representative|
|Heidi Eakin, university librarians representative|
|Padma Kaimal, university studies DD|
|*Javier Padilla Rios||2025 (H)|
|Will Cipolli||2023 (NS)|
|Yang Song||2025 (SS)|
|Maura Tumulty||2024 (US)|
Jack Hyams '25
|*J. Padilla Rios - replaced by Scott Mehl (1 year)|
A primary goal of the Assessment Committee and the Learning Assessment Coordinator is to provide resources and support for department and program assessment activities. Please contact Neil Albert or a member of the Assessment Committee, or refer to the committee's Learning Assessment page to access these resources.