Charge to the Committee
The committee is responsible for supporting the learning assessment coordinator in overseeing the annual assessment reports of departments and programs; developing and proposing for consideration by the Academic Affairs Board (AAB) policies and procedures for appropriate uses of learning assessment data; developing and proposing for consideration by the AAB means of assessing the university-wide learning goals established in the Spring of 2010 and the residential education goals of the dean of the college; overseeing implementation of those measures going forward; and contributing to self-studies and periodic reports in connection with re-accreditation.
Membership will consist of:
- Assessment coordinator, a faculty member appointed by the Dean of the Faculty
- Associate vice president for institutional planning and research
- One associate dean of the faculty (to be appointed by the Dean of the Faculty)
- One representative from the office of the dean of the college (to be appointed by the dean of the college)
- The university studies division director or his/her appointee
- Three faculty (one each from the divisions of the arts and humanities, natural sciences and mathematics, and social sciences; elected by the faculty for three-year terms, which are renewable)
- One student representative from the Academic Affairs Board
Elected representatives serve staggered three‐year terms.
Neil Albert, Director of Institutional Planning, Assessment & Research (Chair)
|Doug Johnson, Associate Dean of the Faculty|
|Ellen Holm, Dean of the College representative|
|Peter Tagtmeyer, University Librarians representative|
|Padma Kaimal, University Studies DD|
|Brenton Sullivan||2022 (H)|
|Will Cipolli||2023 (NS)|
|*Susan Woolley||2022 (SS)|
|*Maura Tumulty||2024 (US)|
|*S. Wooley - replaced by Matt Luttig (fall)|
|*M. Tumulty - replaced by TBD (fall)|
A primary goal of the Assessment Committee and the Learning Assessment Coordinator is to provide resources and support for department and program assessment activities. Please contact Neil Albert or a member of the Assessment Committee, or refer to the committee's Learning Assessment page to access these resources.