The Office of the Registrar is responsible for many of the vital academic functions at the university.
Day/Time Schedule Grid (Beginning Fall 2021)
Colgate’s final exams are administered during a window of five days immediately following the conclusion of classes. The third day of the finals schedule is a reading period, during which no formal exams are scheduled, though student may elect to take self-scheduled exams at this time.
Learn more with the following resources:
Students are required to declare an initial major in their fourth semester (see academic calendar for official deadline). Additional major and minor declarations must be made no later than the full-term course withdrawal deadline in the fall semester of the student’s senior year.
Sharing Grades with InfoShare
Final grades are shared with students, in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, in the weeks following the conclusion of finals. Final grades may only be shared with additional family if the student chooses to authorize such sharing.
- Change of adviser
- Credit Overload Request (during Drop/Add only)
- Diplomas (replacement)
- Drop/Add permission form (permission to register during drop/add)
- Enrollment and degree verification
- Independent study
- Major/minor declaration
- Registration Override Request (permission to register during registration)
- Transcript requests
- Transfer credit
- Withdrawal from a course
Office of the Registrar
13 Oak Drive
Hamilton, NY 13346
103 Lathrop Hall
The Registrar’s Office is committed to supporting the educational mission of Colgate University and its students. The primary functions of the office are:
- to protect the integrity of the Colgate degree through consistent and ethical application of academic regulations, and;
- to maintain the privacy of student academic records, in accordance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
The Registrar’s Office works collaboratively to facilitate student progress by clearly and effectively communicating administrative and academic policies and procedures. The objective is to provide high quality, personalized service to students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders by responding to all inquiries and requests with professionalism, accuracy and courtesy.