New for Fall 2020 Registration
Click the link above to explore the new Plan Ahead feature that allows you to build possible schedules prior to your registration time. Once a plan is created, you can register directly from it during your time, saving you time and making your registration night more efficient.
- The portal allows you to access Banner Self-Service using your network log in and password.You can also use the direct link to Self-Service: colgate.edu/studentregistration.
- To register via Banner Self-Service, you must first obtain your registration PIN from your faculty adviser. If your faculty adviser is off-campus (i.e. leading a study group or on leave), you should meet with the interim adviser designated by the department or the chairperson of the adviser’s department.
The registration PIN permits access to the registration section of Banner Self-Service, where you can create or revise your registration for the coming term. Your registration PIN will be valid beginning at your scheduled registration time and ending on June 12.
Forgotten or Lost PINs
If you forget or lose your PIN you must contact your faculty adviser. In the event you can not locate your adviser you can contact the department chair. The registrar's office does not give out PINs.
Please see the registration schedule. You will be eligible to register during or after your assigned registration time. You will not be able to access the Registration Menu prior to your scheduled time.
- Access the registration menu of Banner Self-Service at colgate.edu/studentregistration or log into the Colgate portal using your network ID and password. (If going through the portal, click on the Registrar tab and select "Register for Classes.")
- You'll be asked to confirm the term for which you are registering. The appropriate term should default in. Click "Submit" to continue.
- At the "Check Your Status" screen, review any possible holds and other registration-related information.
- Select "Add/Drop Classes" at the bottom of the page.
- On the Alternate PIN Verification screen, you must enter the 6-digit registration PIN you obtained from your academic adviser, then click "Continue."
- If adding courses for the first time, you will see only one pane with tabs at the top. Begin the registration process by clicking on the Enter CRNs tab and typing in your first CRN. The CRN, or Course Reference Number, is the five-digit number that appears under the subject and courses number in the Course Offerings results.
- Continue to insert CRNs until you have recorded all of your primary (i.e. first choice) courses and labs. You must submit lectures and their corresponding labs simultaneously.
- If you need to search for courses, you can do so on the course offerings web page. You can also use the search in Banner Self-Service but it doesn't show all of the important information that the course offerings web page does and is not the preferred method.
- When all of your CRNs are entered, click on "Add to Summary."
- The courses will now show in the Summary pane with the status of pending. Click "Submit" at the bottom to officially attempt to register for the courses. If you do not click "Submit," no changes will take effect.
Courses for which you are successfully registered will have two identifiers:
- Under the "Status" column (first column), it will display a status of "Registered"
- Under the "Action" column (last column), it will display "None" in the drop down box. This indicates that no action is needed.
Note: Any courses with the Status of "Error..." is not part of your schedule and will be deleted when you exit the screen. When registering or modifying courses with an error, you must click "Submit" in order to update your schedule.
Always verify that all of your registered and waitlisted courses appear with the appropriate status.
Check the Registrar/Banner Self-Service pane in the Colgate portal to find the wealth of information that is available to you whenever you need it. From this menu, you may view final grades for a specific term, your unofficial transcript, registration or transcript holds, and financial account information.
To access your final grades for a term, select "View Final Grades," then select the term you want to view. In general, the default term is the most recent term for which final grades have been posted. If the term does not exist in the drop-down menu, your grades have not yet been posted. Please note that students with accounts receivable holds will not be able to view their grades until the hold has been lifted.
To access your unofficial transcript, select "Get Unofficial Transcript."
Prior to registration, you should verify your registration status for the upcoming term by checking View Holds. If you have a hold on your record (e.g. Accounts Receivable Hold or Major Hold), you will not be allowed to register until the hold is cleared.
You may modify your registration from the beginning of your scheduled registration time until June 12.
- If dropping a registered course, click on the pull-down menu in the "Action" column in the Summary pane. Change the action from "None" to "Drop/Delete," then click "Submit" to drop the course.
- If adding a course, click on the "Enter CRNs" and proceed as you did with your original registration. (See "REGISTRATION" section above.) Click "Submit" to add the course.
- Waitlisted courses: If you are on the waitlist and a seat opens up you must wait for permission to register. Do not drop yourself from a waitlist to try to access open seats. You can change your status from waitlisted to registered if:
- The instructor gives you permission. In this case, you must send proof of permission to the registrar's office for processing. You cannot make the change online.
- You receive an email from the registrar's office. In this case, follow the instructions in the email to change your status from waitlisted to registered through Banner self-service.
Registration errors will appear in the Status column in the Summary pane. To determine the specific registration hover over the status column or click the number at the top to show/hide the error message(s). If an action is possible (e.g., waitlist), the relevant options will display in the Action drop down box. If you don't resolve the issue and "Submit" the changes, the course will disappear after your next action.
Error Messages and Possible Actions
- Class Year Restriction: Registration is restricted to certain class years. Check the Pre-Req/Restrictions column on the Course Offerings results. If you receive the instructor’s permission (e.g., email or signature) to register, bring proof of permission to the registrar’s office for processing.
- Closed & XX on Waitlist: Select "Wait List" and click submit to add yourself to the waitlist, or "None" and click submit to drop the course. (Note: The XX indicates the number of students already waitlisted for the course. Your position on the waitlist is XX+1.) You must "Submit" to be added to the waitlist. If you do not "Submit," the registration will be deleted.
- Must Register for Coreq Simultaneously: The course for which you are attempting to register has a corequisite. In most cases, the corequisite is a required laboratory section. For instance, CHEM 101 has a corequisite of CHEM 101L. (See co-reqs in the course details by clicking on a course in the Course Offerings results.) The course may not be taken without its corequisites, so add the course again with its lab section (or vise versa). Remember to submit the CRNs simultaneously.
- Duplicate CRN: You have added the same course/CRN twice. Take no action; the course will be deleted from the "Registration Errors" section.
- Instructor Signature Req: You cannot register online for a restricted course. If you receive the instructor’s permission (e.g., email or signature) to register, bring proof of permission to the registrar’s office for processing.
- Major Restriction: Registration is based on a student’s declared major. If you receive the instructor’s permission (e.g., email or signature) to register, bring proof of permission to the registrar’s office for processing.
- Max Course Credits Exceeded: You cannot register for more than 4.50 course credits during registration. Students wishing to add a fifth course must wait until the Drop/Add period to do so.
- Missing Course Prerequisite(s): Registration is based on one or more pre-requisites that you have not fulfilled. If you receive the instructor’s permission (e.g., email or signature) to register, bring proof of permission to the registrar’s office for processing.
- Repeat Course--Contact Registrar's Office: If you have already taken or received credit for a course and would like to repeat it, you must contact the registrar’s office prior to registration. Please see "Repeating a Course" in the current Colgate University Catalogue to determine whether you need the instructor's permission (email or signature) to repeat the course.
- Reserve Seats Full & XX on Waitlist: "Reserve," indicates that a certain number of seats have been reserved by class year or other category. If you receive the "Reserve Seats Full" error, it means that all of the seats reserved for your category are full. Thus, while seats may still be available in the course as a whole, they are not open to you at this time. To waitlist yourself for the course, select "Wait List," then "Submit." (Note: The XX indicates the number of students already waitlisted for the course. Your position on the waitlist is XX+1.) You must "Submit" to be added to the waitlist. If you do not "Submit," the course will be deleted.
- Time Conflict With (CRN): Either select another course or, if you prefer this course to the course with which it conflicts, change the "Action" of the registered course (the first column in the Current Schedule section) from "None" to "Drop/Delete" by using the pull-down menu. Then, re-enter the CRN of the course you want in the "Enter CRNs" pane and Add to Summary, then click the "Conditional Add and Drop" box at the bottom, then click "Submit."
Some courses are crosslisted (offered in two different departments/programs). These courses are designated by section letters of AX, BX, CX (and so forth). In addition, the course with which it is crosslisted is available in the Course Offering results by clicking into the course details (click on the course to access course details).
Restricted courses include those in which enrollment is limited to certain class years or majors, and courses that require the instructor’s signature. Restrictions are noted in the "Pre-req/Restrictions" column in the Course Offering results.
If you wish to register for a course that has a restriction that pertains to you, you should contact the instructor to discuss the issue and to request permission to register. If you are granted permission, bring proof the permission (eg., email or signature) to the registrar's office for processing.
- During online registration, you are asked to limit your registration to a total of six course entries (e.g., four enrolled courses plus two waitlisted, or three enrolled courses and three waitlisted, etc.).
- Remember—if you decide to waitlist a course (after receiving the error message "Closed & XX on Waitlist"), you must "Submit" to be added to the waitlist. If you do not "Submit," you will not be added to the waitlist.
- Waitlists are limited to 50 students. If a waitlist fills, no additional students will be permitted to waitlist themselves.
- Between the end of registration and the end of the current term, the registrar's office will notify you via e-mail of openings in courses for which you are waitlisted. If you receive an email from the registrar's office, please follow the instructions closely.
- If a faculty member allows you to register after being waitlisted, you must bring proof of permission to the registrar's office for processing.
Always be sure to log off from the Colgate portal and close your browser window after you’ve completed registering for courses or viewing confidential academic or financial information.
- If you experience any problems while using Banner Self-Service please try the following:
- Log out of the portal, close your browser (all browser windows/"quit" if using a Mac), wait a moment before logging back in.
- Try a different browser. **Please be sure to log out of the portal and close your previous browser before trying a new one.**
- If you continue to experience trouble or have any questions please contact the registrar’s office at 315-228-7408 or 315-228-7676.
- During registration, the registrar’s office will be open at night, in addition to regular business hours. See the Course Registration page for details.
- Please call the ITS Service Desk (x7111) only if you are experiencing technical problems.
Banner Self-Service Overview
This tutorial provides a general overview of the various registration functions in Banner Self-Service.
Adding a course (0:26) | Dropping a course (1:37) | Error Messages (1:56) | Conditional Drop/Add (2:40) | Waitlists (3:50)
Registering from a plan
Learn how to register for courses using a plan created before registration begins.