This information is part of the Colgate University catalog, 2022-23.
The computer science major consists of 8 courses, starting with COSC 102. Foundational and elective courses at the 200-level prepare students for electives at the 300- and 400-levels. The requirements for the major are as follows:
- COSC 101 - Introduction for Computing I and COSC 101L or equivalent experience (usually completed in the first year)
- COSC 102 - Introduction for Computing II and COSC 102L
- COSC 202 - Data Structures and Algorithms and COSC 202L
- COSC 208 - Introduction to Computer Systems and COSC 208L
- COSC 290 - Discrete Structures and COSC 290L
- Four COSC courses at the 200, 300 or 400 level
- No more than one may be at the 200 level
- At least one must be at the 400 level
A minimum GPA of 2.00 in the COSC courses chosen to meet the major requirements is necessary to satisfy the major.
Honors and High Honors
Students interested in pursuing honors can find the additional requirements on the Computer Science department page.
Computer Science Department
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Computer Science department catalog page.