This information is part of the Colgate University catalog.
The requirements for the major are as follows:
- COSC 101 - Introduction for Computing I and COSC 101L or equivalent experience (usually completed in the first year)
All of the Following
- COSC 102 - Introduction for Computing II and COSC 102L
- COSC 201 - Computer Organization and COSC 201L
- COSC 290 - Discrete Structures and COSC 290L
- COSC 301 - Operating Systems and COSC 301L
- COSC 302 - Analysis of Algorithms and COSC 302L
- COSC 304 - Theory of Computing and COSC 304L
- MATH 161 - Calculus I or higher
- Two 400-level COSC electives
A minimum GPA of 2.00 in the COSC courses chosen to meet the major requirements is necessary to satisfy the major. (MATH courses do not count toward this calculation.)
Computer Science Department
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Computer Science department catalogue page.