This information is part of the Colgate University catalog, 2020–21.
- PHYS 131 - Atoms and Waves (taken first term of first-year)
- PHYS 201 - Mathematical Methods for Physics
- PHYS 205 - Mathematical Methods of Physics (usually taken concurrently with PHYS 233 in the fall of the sophomore year)
- PHYS 232 - Introduction to Mechanics
- PHYS 233 - Introduction to Electricity and Magnetism (usually taken concurrently with PHYS 205)
- PHYS 334 - Introduction to Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity (usually taken concurrently with PHYS 336 in spring term of sophomore year)
- PHYS 336 - Electronics (usually taken concurrently with PHYS 334 in spring term of sophomore year)
- PHYS 410 - Advanced Topics and Experiments (taken in the fall term of senior year)
- Three additional upper-level courses (300 or 400 level, excluding PHYS 334, PHYS 336, PHYS 392, PHYS 492, ASTR 312, ASTR 392, and ASTR 492)
These course must be taken as soon as possible:
Honors and High Honors
Students interested in pursuing honors can find the additional requirements on the Physics and Astronomy department page.
Physics and Astronomy department
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Physics and Astronomy department catalogue page.