This information is part of the Colgate University catalog.
A student interested in astronomy or astrophysics should enroll in this program. A student interested in planetary astronomy should also consider the astrogeophysics program.
- MATH 161 - Calculus I
- MATH 163 - Calculus III
- PHYS 131 - Atoms and Waves
- PHYS 201 - Mathematical Methods for Physics
- PHYS 232 - Introduction to Mechanics
- PHYS 233 - Introduction to Electricity and Magnetism
- PHYS 334 - Introduction to Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity
- PHYS 205 - Mathematical Methods of Physics
- ASTR 210 - Intermediate Astronomy and Astrophysics
- ASTR 312 - Astronomical Techniques
One of the Following
- ASTR 414 - Astrophysics
- ASTR 416 - Galactic and Extragalactic Astronomy
- ASTR 313 - Planetary Science
- Two additional astronomy or physics courses at the 300 or 400 level (excluding PHYS 334, PHYS 336, PHYS 392, PHYS 492, ASTR 312, ASTR 392, and ASTR 492)
- PHYS 410 - Advanced Topics and Experiments
Physics and Astronomy department
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Physics and Astronomy department catalogue page.