This information is part of the Colgate University catalog.
The requirements for a minor are as follows:
- MATH 163 - Calculus III
- MATH 214 - Linear Algebra
- MATH 260 - Computational Mathematics (completed with a grade of C or better.)
- MATH 376 - Numerical Analysis
Chosen from the following:
- MATH 250 - Number Theory and Mathematical Reasoning
- MATH 302/BIOL 302 - Systems Biology
- MATH 308 - Differential Equations
- MATH 310 - Combinatorial Problem Solving
- MATH 312 - Math Modeling: Social Sciences
- MATH 313 - Functions of a Complex Variable
- MATH 315 - Mathematical Biology
- MATH 316 - Probability
- MATH 354 - Data Analysis I - Normal Model Inference
- MATH 408 - Partial Differential Equations
- MATH 416 - Mathematical Statistics
- MATH 448 - Nonlinear Dynamics & Chaos
- MATH 454 - Data Analysis II - Nonlinear Model Inference
- MATH 487 - Real Analysis II
A minimum GPA of 2.00 in the courses chosen to meet the minor requirements is necessary to satisfy the minor.
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Mathematics department catalogue page.