This information is part of the Colgate University catalog.
The requirements for the major are as follows:
All of the Following
- GEOG 211 - Geographies of Nature, Economy, Society
- GEOG 231 - Geography of the Physical Environment
- GEOG 245 - Geographic Information Systems and GEOG 245L(completed by the end of the fall semester of the senior year)
- GEOG 250 - Research Methods (completed by the end of the fall semester of the senior year)
- GEOG 401 - Seminar in Geography
- Four additional GEOG elective credits, two of which must be at the 300 level. Courses taken off-campus cannot be used to substitute for any of the five required coursesIn cases where a student is completing a double major and has obtained approval from the geography department chair, one course from the second major may be counted as one of the four elective courses.
To qualify with a major in geography, students must have achieved a minimum GPA of 2.00 over all courses taken in the department.
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Geography department catalogue page.