Panopto is a cloud-based platform for recording and sharing video content that is freely available to all faculty, staff, and students. Panopto users can create video recordings and share them within courses, groups, or broadly amongst the Colgate community. Examples of some use cases include:
- Organize multiple videos into playlists for courses
- Embed individual videos or full playlists within Moodle
- Create video quizzes that link to Moodle
- Create and submit student video assignments
- Share training or instructional content within clubs, organizations, or departments
- Share an organization’s or department’s event recordings
Panopto is meant to be used for educational purposes only. Faculty and students must follow all honor code guidelines in addition to following the normal acceptable use policy. Displaying or creating inappropriate content and/or sexually explicit content is strictly prohibited.
Ask for Help
If you are unable to find the information you need in the documentation available online, the ITS Service Desk is available to assist.