Colgate Information Technology Services (ITS) is a dynamic organization that serves the diverse technology needs of the university community.
Comprised of several functional areas – Classrooms, Digital Media & Events; Data Analytics & Decision Support; Engagement & Support; Information Security; Learning & Applied Innovation; Services & Shared Infrastructure – ITS prides itself on exceptional customer service and building collaborative relationships to meet the unique needs of our liberal arts campus.
ITS endeavors to foster an inclusive environment that values diversity, professional development, creativity, and innovation to support the growth of individuals and the organization. Under the leadership of the CIO, ITS is embarking on a strategic planning process to align services and resources with several exciting new initiatives identified in Colgate’s Third Century Plan.
Select a team below to see its members.
Join our team.
Gain professional experience in one of many areas within ITS.
Opportunities exist in many areas that can help you gain valuable experience.
- ITS Service Desk Attendant: helps clients walking up to the desk as well as helping ITS staff when needed around campus, working at the Case-Geyer Information Technology Service Desk and the O'Connor Center.
- ITS Service Desk Consultant: be on the front line at the desk, answering phones, helping with walk-up issues and troubleshooting issues for the client.
- Media Mentors: Provide one-on-one assistance to faculty, staff, and students in Digital Learning Media Center (DLMC) on the 5th floor of Case-Geyer Library. Mentors assist with equipment loan, software instruction, and project consultations with students. Mentors also specialize in subject pathways such as digital storytelling or 3D modeling and making.
- Classroom and Event Technician: Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of learning spaces at Colgate. Assist with high profile events, live streams and video recordings.
- Studio Technician: Assist professional staff with the management and upkeep of Colgate's video and audio studios. Assist with digital media workflows, production and tasks.
- Golden Booth Projectionist: Assist with the operation of Colgate's premiere film and video theater. Assist professional staff with high profile events and regular film series.
- Classroom and Event Tech (Evenings) : Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of learning spaces at Colgate. Assist with high profile events, live streams and video recordings.
- Classroom and Event Tech (Mornings) : Morning availability required. This position assists with daily morning classroom checks and maintenance and upkeep of learning spaces at Colgate.
- Viz Lab: Work in our Viz Lab
- Cybersecurity Consultant: Support Colgate's cybersecurity projects and cybersecurity operations (SecOps)
Positions, when avalable, will be posted at portal.colgate.edu under the Student Employment tab.