Ciccone Commons brings students and professors together outside the classroom to build stronger relationships, and to build a strong sense of community among student residents. Ciccone Commons is a place where residents get to know their professors as real people, and their peers as friends.
Explore our Community
Students from all commons are welcome to join Ciccone Commons events and follow on social media:
The John C. Cushman III House, located at 102 Broad St., serves as the Ciccone Commons social house within Colgate’s Broad Street Community. This facility provides a space for social gatherings within the Ciccone community and is also home to students in the junior and senior classes who have elected to continue residence within their commons and to provide leadership and mentorship for the commons community.
Living and Learning
Ciccone Commons hosts a variety of programs designed to help members build community, enrich education, and have fun.
Each year, the four commons compete for the glory of winning the Commons Cup. Each commons accumulates points by having commons members participate in events within five categories: Intellectual Curiosity, Arts & Culture, Environment & Sustainability, Recreation & Wellness, and Community Engagement.
First Year Seminars (FSEM)
As part of the project of integrating students' living and learning experiences, each year, the Commons plays host to a number of FSEM classes in its residential buildings.
- 100 Legacies: The Good Society - Professor Dauber
- 101 Legacies - Professor Gallucci
- 102 Legacies - Professor Sindima
- 106 Challenges - Professor Douglas
- 110 Russia - Professor Nakhimovsky
- 114 Ethiopia - Professor Etefa
- 129 Reading People: The Art & Science of Nonverbal Communication - Professor Keating
- 135 Maps, Technology, and the Changing Geography of Exploration - Professor Loranty
- 144 Stats in Real Life - Professor Seo
- 152 Poetry and Revolution - Professor Balakian
- 165 Theatre Art/The Actor's Task - Professor Giurgea
2020-2021 will be posted in the end of August / September
The following faculty and staff direct the commons and support its living and learning goals. Feel free to contact them with any questions.