Due to COVID-19, Chapel House is currently open to daytime and overnight visitors from within and outside the Colgate community by reservation only.
To make a reservation, please contact Kathy Keyes by emailing email@example.com or by calling 1-315-228-6087.
Five rooms are available for guests interested in immersing themselves in the serene setting of Chapel House.
Accommodations and Offerings
Our guests choose to stay at Chapel House because it provides the space and resources necessary for intellectual, religious, and spiritual pursuits that are often marginalized in daily life. The only schedule for guests centers around meal times. The rest of the time is to be used according to individual initiatives and interests.
We provide a setting for the study of great religions and personal spiritual exploration. The environment is conducive to the meditative and devotional disciplines recommended by great religious teachers.
Those who stay overnight will appreciate the following accommodations:
- A private bedroom with a bed, desk, and reading chair/lamp. Rooms overlook wooded grounds.
- A private bathroom with shower.
- Provided for each guest: blankets, pillows, linens, towels, room heater, fan. Meditation cushions are available in the chapel.
- Access to libraries of great religious books, music, and art.
Policies and Restrictions
- While in residence, guests are asked respect the quiet of the house. This means that guests are silent or speak softly except during meal times. Also guests should generally refrain from visiting the campus or village. We recommend taking advantage of the natural beauty for reflective moments by taking walks through the woodlands and fields surrounding Chapel House.
- To respect the privacy of others, please do not visit the rooms of other guests, do not accept visitors while in residence, and please also limit the use of cell phones to emergencies. Please also refrain from using internet-enabled devices in communal spaces such as the library and the Chapel. Guests are welcome to use these devices in their rooms or in the dining room when meals are not being served.
- Policies and restrictions are in place to ensure all guests may have a peaceful, undisturbed experience. If you have a question about what is expected of guests at Chapel House, please contact Kathy Keyes at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 315-228-6087, or the Director, Steven Kepnes, email@example.com, or 315 228-7675.
- Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Normally, visitors depart after breakfast. If you would like to stay later than 11:00am, please let us know in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.