Colgate’s academic buildings, facilities and state-of-the-art classrooms support the academic and research needs of students and faculty.
Built in 1905, Lathrop Hall, the centerpiece of the Academic Quad, underwent a $9.6 million renovation in 2013. The renovation vastly improved classroom spaces, and created flexible multipurpose rooms for innovative teaching and extracurricular activities.
Lathrop Hall houses the following departments, divisions and centers:
Robert H.N. Ho Science Center
The Robert H.N. Ho Science Center is a prime example of Colgate’s state-of-the-art academic facilities. The interdisciplinary center is named in honor of Robert Hung Ngai Ho '56, who confirmed a commitment of $27 million to the project. The center is designed to enhance the sciences, encourage multidisciplinary fields of study, teach students collaborative learning, and recognize the importance of community outreach.
The Ho Science Center houses the following programs: