In accordance with the New York State on PAUSE Executive Order, the Grants office staff is working remotely to maintain regular operations and services.
Colgate faculty with active grants: Contact us if you wish to discuss any impact the current situation will have on your project. See this information sheet for links to funding agency guidance. Help us keep it up to date by sending us questions and/or information you have found.
Colgate faculty preparing a new proposal: Please contact us at the email addresses listed below to coordinate the Grant Application Approval Process. We have developed an electronic process that is managed from the Grants office.
The Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations (Grants Office) manages and supports all of Colgate’s external grant-related activities including faculty sponsored research and institutional grants. The Grants Office secures financial support from foundations, corporations, and government sources for projects that support teaching, learning, and research at Colgate University.
An important part of our role is working one-on-one with faculty and staff who need external funding to support their research or creative work. We are prepared to help locate potential sources of funding and to discuss proposal ideas, assist with budgets and project development, or read and comment on drafts of proposals-in-progress.
The Office of Accounting and Control provides financial management, serves an audit function and provides guidance related to restrictions, types of costs, and general guidelines for grants and sponsored research.
Colloquially referred to as the Grants Office, contact the staff at:
Office: G6 James B. Colgate Hall
Mon–Fri: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Conflicts of Interest
Financial conflict of interest policy for federal agencies (except NIH/PHS):
- Financial conflict of interest policy, except NIH/PHS (PDF)
- Conflict of interest disclosure form, except NIH/PHS (PDF)
NIH / PHS financial conflict of interest policy
- Financial conflict of interest policy, NIH/PHS (PDF)
- Conflict of interest disclosure form, NIH/PHS (PDF)
Changing the Terms and Conditions of a Research Grant
- Institutional Review Board
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Research Misconduct Policy (PDF)
- Guidelines for Charging Expenses to Federally-Funded Awards
- NIH Principal Investigator Assurance Certification Form (PDF)