The Office of University Grants and Sponsored Research manages and supports all of Colgate’s external grant-related activities including faculty sponsored research and institutional grants. The office secures financial support from foundations, corporations, and government sources for projects that support teaching, learning, and research at Colgate University.
An important part of our role is working one-on-one with faculty and staff who need external funding to support their research or creative work. We are prepared to help locate potential sources of funding and to discuss proposal ideas, assist with budgets and project development, or read and comment on drafts of proposals-in-progress.
The Office of Accounting and Control provides financial management, serves an audit function and provides guidance related to restrictions, types of costs, and general guidelines for grants and sponsored research.
Colloquially referred to as the Grants Office, contact the staff at:
Office: G6 James B. Colgate Hall
Mon–Fri: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Conflicts of Interest
Financial conflict of interest policy for federal agencies - except NIH/PHS:
- Policy - Financial conflict of interest - except NIH/PHS (PDF)
- Disclosure Form - Financial conflict of interest - except NIH/PHS (PDF)
Financial conflict of interest policy for NIH / PHS
- Policy - Financial conflict of interest - NIH/PHS (PDF)
- Disclosure Form - Financial conflict of interest - NIH/PHS (PDF)
Changing the Terms and Conditions of a Research Grant
- Institutional Review Board
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Research Misconduct Policy (PDF)
- Guidelines for Charging Expenses to Federally-Funded Awards
- NIH Principal Investigator Assurance Certification Form (PDF)
NSF Responsible Conduct of Research Training Guidelines (PDF)
DMPTool for writing data management plans