PhD Michigan State University (2009)
- Associate Professor, 2016-Present, Departments of Biology and Mathematics, Colgate University
- Assistant Professor, 2010-2016, Departments of Biology and Mathematics, Colgate University
- Research Associate, 2009-2010, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Michigan State University
- Teaching Assistant, 2002-2009, Department of Mathematics, Michigan State University
Systems Biology, Mathematical Biology, Bioinformatics, Biological Regulatory Networks, Zebrafish Segmentation and cis-Regulation in Transcription.
My teaching interests include Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Modeling of Biological Systems, Biostatistics, Numerical Analysis, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra and Calculus.
My main scientific interests lie in applying mathematical modeling to understand biological regulatory networks. Specifically, understanding the design principles of biological gene regulatory networks, mechanisms that control zebrafish segmentation during development and cis-regulation in transcription.
Undergraduate Student Authors = Soo Bin Kwon, Nate Larson, Jonathan Kahn, Natalie Wilner, Adriana Sperlea, Jack Holland, Sebastian Sangervasi, Megan Richards, Yerzhan Suleimenov, Xiaozhou Liu and Evan Dayringer
- Picker Interdisciplinary Science Institute, $153000, 2016-2018, Co-PI on collaborative grant entitled, "An Interdisciplinary Approach to Understanding Ongoing Biological Invasions by Crazy Worms (Amynthas) in North America", Colgate University, NY
- Picker Interdisciplinary Science Institute, $107000, 2016-2018, Co-PI on collaborative grant entitled, "Interdisciplinary Investigation of the Vertebral Segmentation Clock", Colgate University, NY
- Gaurth Hansen Alumnus Award, 2016, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, MI
- Faculty Research Council Grants, 2010-2016, Colgate University, NY
- Carter Wallace Fellowship, 2013, Colgate University, NY
- Faculty Development Council Grant, 2010, Colgate University, NY
- Sigma Xi (the scientific research society) Graduate Student Award, 2009, MI
- Senior Teaching Assistant Award for Excellence in Teaching (Honorable Mention), 2009, Michigan State University, MI
- Gene Expression in Development and Disease (GEDD) Outstanding Research Award, 2009, Michigan State University, MI
- GEDD Graduate Student Fellowship, 2008-2009, Michigan State University, MI
- Quantitative Biology Graduate Student Fellowship, 2007-2008, 2006-2007 Michigan State University, MI