These steps describe connecting a Chromebook to the WiFi network at Colgate University.
- eduroam credentials - in Colgate’s case, an active network account (the same account used to access the Portal)
- A Chromebook
- Click on the wireless connection symbol on your Chromebook and select eduroam from the options presented.
- Use the following settings to connect:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2 or None
- *CA Certificate: Do Not Check
- Domain: colgate.edu
- Identity: enter your full Colgate email address
- Anonymous Identity: leave this blank
- Password: enter the password you use to log onto the portal
- Advanced options: No need to change any of the Advanced Options
- Auto reconnect: this should be selected
- Click “Save” or “Connect” to save your settings.
Campus guests who do not have a network account:
About the eduroam Wi-Fi Network
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. It is the primary Wi-Fi network for the Colgate community. Devices registered on Colgate’s eduroam network will automatically connect to the eduroam network at other institutions worldwide. For more information, visit: www.eduroam.org
Ask for Help
If you are unable to find the information you need in the documentation available online, the ITS Service Desk is available to assist.
Walk-in service is by appointment only.
Due to high volume, our ticket tracking service is the only way to ensure we respond in a timely manner to your questions. Thank you for your patience.