Meet new friends, discover Colgate, and explore the outdoors. Wilderness Adventure is a great way to kick-start your Colgate experience!
About Wilderness Adventure
Each August, more than 25% of incoming students participate in Wilderness Adventure to make friends, learn about Colgate, and have an absolute blast! Living and traveling with a small group of new students and two or three highly trained leaders, you will hike, paddle, climb, or bike through stunning New York wilderness.
No previous wilderness experience is needed for any of our trips, just a willingness to have fun, learn, and meet new people.
- Start college with a group of great new friends and upperclassmen mentors.
- Practice outdoor skills under the guidance of experienced student leaders.
- Try something new, and maybe a little bit challenging — just like college.
- Learn about classes, dorms, food, clubs, activities, and more from your leaders.
- Jumpstart your entrance into community living and active citizenship.
- Discover the Adirondack Park and Central New York – your new home.
As of 3:00pm on June 2nd, WA 2021 registration is full, but we are still accepting registrations to go on the waiting list using the Registration link below. In most years, numerous students get onto a WA from the waiting list, so if you are interested in a trip, be sure to complete the registration form and we will contact you if and when a spot opens up. Note that while we will try to take into account your trip preferences, open spots will be on specific trips, so we may not be able to get you onto one of your top trip choices.