The Colgate University Orchestra follows a distinctive model in which professional musicians and students work side by side, always communicating, learning from, and teaching each other. The orchestra performs two concerts per semester.
The University Orchestra performs a repertoire of professional caliber. A selection of recent pieces performed includes:
- Tchaikovsky – Symphony No. 4 in F Minor
- Gershwin – Rhapsody in Blue
- Copland – Appalachian Spring
- Beethoven – Symphony No. 5 in C Minor
- Brahms – Symphony No. 4 in E Minor