If you are experiencing a psychological crisis, the Counseling Center is available 24/7/365.
A psychological emergency can be characterized by the following:
- A suicidal attempt, threat, or stating intention to end one's life
- A homicidal attempt, threat, or stating intention to harm others
- Loss of contact with reality
- Inability to care for oneself
For severe or potential life-threatening mental health or medical issues, contact Campus Safety at 315-228-7911
A counselor can assist students in ameliorating intense emotion, managing stress, and navigating difficult obstacles in your life.
- For an urgent matter, come to our walk-in hours Monday-Friday from 9 am-noon, 1:30-4:30 pm. The office manager will ask for your name, phone number, and will ask you to complete a brief consent form. You can also call the office at 315-228-7385. Do not use the counseling center email address for urgent concerns.
- To speak with a counselor on-call after normal business hours or on the weekend, contact our office at 315-228-7385 and follow the prompt to press #2.
- National Text/Hotline: Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8253) for a confidential conversation at anytime.