If you are experiencing a psychological crisis, the Counseling Center is available 24/7/365.
A psychological emergency can be characterized by the following:
- A suicidal attempt, threat, or stating intention to end one's life
- A homicidal attempt, threat, or stating intention to harm others
- Loss of contact with reality
- Inability to care for oneself
For severe or potential life-threatening mental health or medical issues, contact Campus Safety at 315-228-7911
A counselor can assist students in ameliorating intense emotion, managing stress, and navigating difficult obstacles in your life.
- The counseling center offers crisis support/consultation Monday through Friday from 1:30-4:30pm. A counselor on-call is available on a first come, first served basis for same day appointments. For an urgent matter, contact our office at 315-228-7385. The office manager will ask for your name, phone number, and will ask you to complete a brief consent form.
- To speak with a counselor on-call after normal business hours or on the weekend, contact our office at 315-228-7385 and follow the prompt to press #2.
- National Text/Hotline: Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8253) for a confidential conversation at anytime.