This information is part of the Colgate University catalog, 2021-22.
The minor program consists of the following requirements:
General Chemistry Option
The following two courses:
- CHEM 101 - General Chemistry I and CHEM 101L
CHEM 102 - General Chemistry II
and CHEM 102L
or, if eligible, the following course may be substituted for the above sequence:
CHEM 111 - Chemical Principles and CHEM 111L
All of the Following
- CHEM 263 - Organic Chemistry I and CHEM 263L
- CHEM 264 - Organic Chemistry II and CHEM 264L
- Two additional course credits obtained from full- or half-semester chemistry courses at the 200, 300, or 400 level
At least one course from the following:
- MATH 162 - Calculus II
MATH 163 - Calculus III
MATH 161 is recommended for students with minimal secondary school calculus experience.
One of the following sequences:
- PHYS 111 - Fundamental Physics I and PHYS 111L
PHYS 112 - Fundamental Physics II
and PHYS 112L
- PHYS 131 - Atoms and Waves and PHYS 131L
PHYS 232 - Introduction to Mechanics
and PHYS 232L
- PHYS 232 - Introduction to Mechanics and PHYS 232L
- PHYS 233 - Introduction to Electricity and Magnetism and PHYS 233L
An overall GPA of at least 2.00 is required for the chemistry courses (and associated labs) chosen to meet major requirements.
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Chemistry department catalogue page.