The Summer Funding application deadline for summer 2019 has now passed.
Submitted applications are now in the review process.
Career Services will compile all paperwork, remove student names and ID numbers, and distribute to members of the selection committee.
The Summer Funding Selection Committee is comprised of faculty, staff, and alumni. The committee members will review applications against a rubric which will be shared with students during summer funding strategy sessions. Every application will be reviewed by three separate readers. Scores will be aggregated and candidates ranked accordingly. Funding will be disbursed to the highest-ranked eligible candidates, and is not available to all applicants. Financial aid status will be considered in decisions.
The Committee will evaluate applications on the following criteria:
- Intentionality: The applicant shows evidence of thought around what they are searching for and how criteria for the summer experience have been determined.
- Clarity of learning objectives: The applicant clearly defines and articulates potential takeaways from the proposed summer experience(s).
- Relevance of experience: If the applicant proposes an experience that is exploratory in nature, the applicant provides evidence to explain why proposed experience(s) allow exploration and reflection on these areas of interest. Alternatively, if the applicant is searching for an experience that is purposeful with regard to identified career goals, the applicant provides evidence for how proposed experiences are relevant to the student's future goals.
- Compelling articulation of why: The applicant provides compelling rationale as to why these types of experiences would be critical to explore or pursue an identified career interest.
- Familiarization and maturity: The applicant demonstrates evidence of research and understanding of industry-based, organizational, geographic, and/or cultural dynamics of the proposed experience.
Students should expect to hear determinations on funding from Career Services by March 29, 2019.