The Commons Cup is a tradition promoting connection and community within the Commons through educational and social programming. These opportunities will serve as the foundation to build relationships and create lifelong memories at Colgate.
The Commons Cup consists of five categories, Intellectual Curiosity, Arts & Culture, Environment & Sustainability, Recreation & Wellness, and Community Engagement. Students participate throughout the year to earn points within each category for their Commons. The cup is awarded to the Commons with the most cumulative points over the course of the academic year.
The Commons Council and Residential Fellow will promote participation and provide a monthly update on the current standings and upcoming events.
Examples of previous events throughout all of the Commons:
- Intellectual Curiosity: Fireside Chat, Big Series Question, Faculty Dinners
- Arts & Culture: Coffeehouses, International Dinner, Talent Show
- Environment & Sustainability: Colgate Unplugged, LED exchange program
- Recreation & Wellness: Halloween Trick or Trot, Dodgeball, Chess Tournament
- Community Engagement: MLK Day of Service, Commons Formal