This information is part of the Colgate University catalog, 2022-23.
The requirements for the minor are as follows:
- MUSI 215 - Music History I: Medieval through Baroque Periods (H&A)
- MUSI 216 - Music History II: Classic through Modern Periods (H&A)
One of the Following
- MUSI 221 - World Music (H&A)
- MUSI 111 - The History of Rock (H&A)
- MUSI 161 - The History of Jazz (H&A)
One elective course above the 100 level, excluding performance courses. However, MUSI 208 may serve as an elective.
All music minors must participate in one of the following performance ensembles through graduation: Colgate University Chamber Players, Colgate University Choral Ensembles, Colgate University Concert Jazz Ensemble, Colgate University Orchestra. A minimum of four semesters is required, no exceptions for off-campus study.
Ongoing participation is defined as at least 4 semesters total in the sophomore, junior and senior years. Off-campus study does not qualify as an exemption to the 4 required semesters.
For more information about the department, including Faculty, transfer credit, awards, etc., please visit the Music department catalog page.