Colgate Domains provides faculty and students with hosted space on the web and digital tools for creating websites. Colgate Domains provides access to various platforms for web publishing (WordPress, Omeka, Scalar, etc.) in support of connected learning and innovative approaches to teaching, scholarship, and creative work.
What can you do with Colgate Domains?
Create a professional portfolio
- Faculty: Create a site that showcases your scholarly identity. Share updates about your research.
- Students: Curate your digital identity by narrating your journey at Colgate. Link to your best work. Share your site on your resume.
Experiment with blogging as a different genre for writing and developing your ideas
Build a course website to support connected learning: For example, faculty can create a sites that
- Showcase student research
- Enable students to share their writing with others, make their thinking visible and link their thinking to other sources on the web.
- Include a syllabus and assignments and then share the work that students do for those assignments
How Do Colgate Domains Work?
After signing up for an account (see below), you will be provided with a cPanel account where you can install web applications, such as WordPress. You will be able to manage your account and any installations on your own.
Support for Colgate Domains
Resources for self-directed support are available in Colgate Domains documentation
Instructional design staff are also able to meet with you to provide:
- Consultation on website design for individual professional sites, course sites or blogs
- Assignment and activity design for course projects using Colgate Domains
- Training in WordPress
- Example assignments and curated resources for connected learning and digital pedagogy
- Sample formative assessments to collect learner feedback (if using Colgate Domains as part of a course)
Request an Account
If you are interested in exploring Colgate Domains, please contact our Instructional Designer for Connected Learning:
Ask for Help
If you are unable to find the information you need in the documentation available online, the ITS Service Desk is available to assist.