Telephone service, including voicemail, is provided for all employees.
To make a call from one campus phone to another, simply dial the 4-digit extension.
Dial 0, then follow the prompt to find the phone number, or Dial 7755 and then say the first and last name of the person, or the name of the department, you would like to reach.
From you own phone, press the "messages" button.
From your mobile phone or any other phone off campus, dial 315-228-7840 and follow the instructions.
Campus phones allow users to connect with two other lines by utilizing the "Confrn" button. If you plan to connect to more than two other lines, you should use Zoom Conferencing.
How to Make a Conference Call using your Cisco Phone for up to three participants:
1. Make or Answer a Call.
2. Press the “More” soft key followed by the “Confrn” soft key.
3. Dial the number of the caller you wish to add to the conference call and press “Dial“. When the caller answers, press “Confrn” to add them to the conference.
4. Press “Hold” to place the conference on hold.
5. Press “EndCall” to remove yourself from the conference. The two other callers will remain connected.
There is a charge associated with all directory assistance calls. Please access your favorite online resource (www.anywho.com, for example) as a phone number resource. Otherwise, dial 9 + 1 + area code + 555-1212 (wait for tone) + access code.
Forwarding Your Phone
1. Press the CFwdALL softkey
2. Enter the 4 digit extention, or an off-campus phone number (9-1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx), or press the Messages button to forward to voice mail.
3. To verify that Call Forward All is active, look for the call forward icon and the “Forwarded to” phone number.
To Turn Off Call Forwarding
1. Press the CFwdALL softkey. (You may need to press the "more" softkey first to see this button.)
Dial 9 + 1 + the 7-digit number.
Outside the 315 Area Code
Dial 9 + 1 + area code + phone number
Inside the 315 Area Code
Dial 9 + 1 + 315 + phone number
Dial 9 + 011 + country code + city code + phone number
Ask for Help
If you are unable to find the information you need in the documentation available online, the ITS Service Desk is available to assist.
Walk-in service is by appointment only.
Due to high volume, our ticket tracking service is the only way to ensure we respond in a timely manner to your questions. Thank you for your patience.