The Entrepreneurs Fund Summer Accelerator propels the growth of exceptional Colgate startups and helps them reach commercial viability.
Awardees receive up to $10,000 in non-dilutive grant funding, along with workspace and housing in Hamilton, N.Y., for the duration of the accelerator program. Teams grow their ventures with a group like-minded entrepreneurs at similar stages, sharing best practices while benefiting from exclusive access to our expansive network of mentors, experts, and advisors.
Information for Applicants
The fund is open to for-profit and non-profit ventures with at least one Colgate student or recent alumna/us (graduated within the last 10 years) on the founding team. Teams are expected to commit to the Entrepreneurs Fund full-time for the eight-week duration.
Teams are expected to have completed prototyping and have initial traction with their venture. Ventures will be judged by a panel of Colgate alumni entrepreneurs on criteria that include quality of idea, size of problem, team, demonstrated ability to execute, stage of development, and market viability of venture.
Accelerator participants receive the following aids and benefits:
- $7,500 non-dilutive cash grant
- Work space and housing in Hamilton for the duration of the accelerator during years the program is held in person
- Access to one-on-one mentoring from entrepreneurs in the Colgate/TIA network
- Opportunity to be part of a cohort of entrepreneurs where you share best practices and breakthroughs with fellow founders
- Startup resources key to launching and growing early stage ventures
- Access to the greater Colgate alumni network
- Access to the upstate New York startup ecosystem
- Maintain all rights to intellectual property
If you have a startup idea that you are serious about bringing to life, you must apply for the Entrepreneurs Fund. The resources provided for an early stage startup are vital and could be difference between being able to make it happen or letting an idea sit on a shelf. It certainly made the difference for indify.Keshav Garg ’15, co-founder and CEO, indify
Teams by Cohort
Kai Davis ’23, Grace Merelda
Far Owl Studios designs and creates video games that take time-tested best practices from the gaming industry and puts their own fresh take on them. Our international team is composed of diverse creators from Egypt, England, Russia, and other countries around the world.
Brandon Doby ’18 and Lauren Sanderson ’18
ISO Film is a creative content house that specializes in full service film and video production. ISO walks the line between art and commerce by bringing a high level of artistry to business projects, which distinguishes our product and makes our customers stand out in the corporate world.