The TIA Summer Accelerator propels the growth of exceptional Colgate startups.
Awardees will receive a $10,000 non-dilutive grant, workspace and accommodations in Hamilton, hands-on mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs, and additional startup resources from the Colgate community. The 2023 program will run from June 7 to July 29.
The TIA Summer Accelerator is made possible entirely by gifts from alumni, family, and friends. To contribute, make a gift to Colgate E&I. Thank you to the generous contributors who have supported Colgate summer accelerator programs since 2013.
New for 2023! Choose between on campus and hybrid format so that you can be in the location that best suits your work:
- On-campus: Spend the summer in Hamilton working out of The Hub, our downtown coworking space, with campus housing provided
- Hybrid: Kick off the program in Hamilton for two weeks, then spend the rest of the summer in the location of your choice
Information for Applicants
The summer accelerator is open to for-profit and non-profit ventures with at least one Colgate student or recent alumna/us (graduated within the last 10 years) on the founding team. Teams are expected to commit to the summer accelerator full-time for its entire duration. International students should reach out to the Office of International Student Services before applying to verify eligibility to participate.
Teams are expected to have completed prototyping and have initial traction with their venture. Ventures will be judged by a panel of Colgate alumni entrepreneurs on criteria that include quality of idea, size of problem, team, demonstrated ability to execute, stage of development, and market viability of venture.
The deadline to apply is February 15. Review judges will evaluate all applications and develop a shortlist of finalists. These teams will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview. Decisions will be conveyed to teams by mid-March. Participating teams will be formally announced at the TIA Entrepreneur Showcase on Saturday, April 15.
Accelerator participants receive the following aids and benefits:
- $10,000 non-dilutive cash grant
- Work space and housing in Hamilton:
- On campus format: Housing provided for the duration of the accelerator
- Hybrid format: Housing provided for the first two weeks of the program (housing for the remainder of the program is the responsibility of participants)
- Hands-on mentorship from Colgate's Entrepreneur in Residence
- Connections and mentorship from numerous entrepreneurs in the Colgate network
- Opportunity to be part of a cohort of entrepreneurs where you share best practices and breakthroughs with fellow founders
- Startup resources key to launching and growing early stage ventures
- Access to the upstate New York startup ecosystem
- Maintain all rights to intellectual property
If you have a startup idea that you are serious about bringing to life, you must apply for the TIA Summer Accelerator. The resources provided for an early stage startup are vital and could be difference between being able to make it happen or letting an idea sit on a shelf. It certainly made the difference for indify.Keshav Garg ’15, co-founder and CEO, indify
Teams by Cohort
Kai Davis ’23, Grace Merelda
Far Owl Studios designs and creates video games that take time-tested best practices from the gaming industry and puts their own fresh take on them. Our international team is composed of diverse creators from Egypt, England, Russia, and other countries around the world.
Brandon Doby ’18 and Lauren Sanderson ’18
ISO Film is a creative content house that specializes in full service film and video production. ISO walks the line between art and commerce by bringing a high level of artistry to business projects, which distinguishes our product and makes our customers stand out in the corporate world.