All Students Welcome
Here at the counseling center, we are trained to help students manage a wide array of emotions. We meet with nearly half the student body for clinical services at some point during their four years at Colgate.
Response to Violence Against Black People:
Our hearts are pained by the violence against Black people across our country. The counseling center staff knows that these have been difficult times for so many students, especially Black students and others who have been treated unjustly in our country. From continued effects of COVID-19, economic inequities, social isolation, grief and loss, police brutality, ongoing racial violence, and dehumanization of Black lives, we would like to remind you that we deeply care about you. If a telehealth consultation would be helpful to you as you work through these difficult times, please call our office phone or email us. We will return your call/email and find a time to connect by phone or zoom. Here are some resources that you may find beneficial at this time, as well as our available services.
To connect to a counselor through a telehealth consultation:
- call the office at 315-228-7385 and if you are connected with our voicemail leave your name and phone number
- email email@example.com to request an appointment
- call Campus Safety at 315-228-7333 and ask for the counselor on call
- call 315-228-7385 after 4:00pm EST and press #2 when prompted
- National Text/Hotline: Text START to 741-741 or call 1-800-273-TALK (8253) for a confidential conversation anytime