- The Ohio State University (2011)
PhD in Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics
- London School of Economics (2006)
MSc in Economics
- Ohio Northern University (2003)
BS in Business Administration (High Distinction)
- Introduction to Economics (ECON 151)
- Intermediate Microeconomics (ECON 251)
- Seminar in Sports Economics (ECON 436)
- Current Economic Issues (FSEM 181)
- Industrial Organization
Endogenous market structures
Firm R&D and innovation
Strategic alliances between firms
Vertical and horizontal product differentiation
- Development Economics
Household shocks and risk-coping mechanisms
- Agricultural Economics
Agricultural biotechnology and genetically modified crops
- Sports Economics
- Anderson, Benjamin C. 2014. "Extending Sutton's "Bounds": A Model of Endogenous Market Structure, Innovation, and Licensing." (Under Review)
- Anderson, Benjamin C. and Sheldon, Ian M. 2013. "R&D Concentration under Endogenous Fixed Costs: Evidence from the Agricultural Biotechnology Industry."
- Anderson, Benjamin C. and Sinkey, Michael J. 2014. "Like Mike or Like Lebron: Do the Most Able Need College to Signal?"
- Anderson, Benjamin C. "Consumption Smoothing Responses to Natural Disasters: Evidence from a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Nicaragua."
Works in Progress
- Endogenous Strategic Alliances: R&D Investment, Licensing, and Research Joint Ventures
- Happy Cows vs. Laughing Cow: Endogenous Market Structure under Generic and Brand Advertising
Student Co-authored Working Papers
- Gropper, Catherine C. and Anderson, Benjamin C. 2014. "Sellout, Blackout, or Get Out: The Impacts of the 2012 Policy Change on TV Blackouts and Attendance in the NFL." (Revise and resubmit)
Student Co-authored Works in Progress
- Commitment and Satisfaction on the Field and in the Classroom: A Case Study of Student Athlete Experiences at a Liberal Arts College (with Caitlin Cremin)
Summer Research Apprenticeship Funding
- Performance Evaluation and Contract Theory: Subjective vs. Objective Assessments and Reference Points (with Kevin Sayles)
Honors Thesis Advising
- Ethan Atwood ('16)
- Matt Knowles ('15), Honors, "The Effect of the National Input Voucher Scheme on the Technical Efficiency of Rural Farmers in Tanzania"
- Caitlin Cremin ('14), Honors, "The Winning Formula: A Case Study of the Makings of a Successful Collegiate Athlete"
- Steven Xu ('13), Honors, "Efficiency, Biases and Price Changes in the NFL and College Football Betting Markets"
- Christine Hebert ('12), Honors, “The Exogenous Effect of Corn Prices on Beef Prices in the U.S. Using R&D as an Instrumental Variable”
- Honorable Mention to a Research Manuscript By A Second-Year PhD Student, OSU (2008)
- Distinguished University Fellowship, Graduate School, OSU (2006)
- Presidential Scholarship, ONU (1999)
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Review of Development Economics
- Professional Membership
American Economic Association, Industrial Organization Society, Society of Labor Economists, Royal Economic Society, Southern Economic Association, Omicron Delta Epsilon