- The Ohio State University (2011)
PhD in Agricultural, Environmental, and Development Economics
- London School of Economics (2006)
MSc in Economics
- Ohio Northern University (2003)
BS in Business Administration (High Distinction)
- Introduction to Economics (ECON 151)
- Intermediate Microeconomics (ECON 251)
- The Economics of Sports (ECON 336)
- Seminar in Sports Economics (ECON 436)
- Seminar in Mathematical Economics (ECON 474)
- Current Economic Issues (FSEM 181)
- Endogenous market structures
- Firm R&D and innovation
- Strategic alliances between firms
- Vertical and horizontal product differentiation
- Agricultural biotechnology and genetically-modified crops
- Commodity promotion boards and generic advertising
- Ability and Labor Supply
- Collective Bargaining and Wage Dispersion
- Screening and Labor Market Restrictions
- Anderson, Benjamin C. and Ian M. Sheldon. 2017. "R&D Concentration under Endogenous Fixed Costs: Evidence from Genetically Modified Corn Seed." American Journal of Agricultural Economics 99(5), 2017 pp. 1265-1286.
- Anderson, Benjamin C. "A Note on Endogenous Market Structure under Heterogeneous Firms." (Under review)
- Anderson, Benjamin C. "Happy Cows vs. Laughing Cow: Endogenous Market Structure under Generic and Brand Advertising."
- Anderson, Benjamin C. and Michael J. Sinkey. "Ability and the Labor Supply Decision: Evidence from Professional Basketball." (Under review)
Works in Progress
- R&D Concentration in Soybean and Cotton Markets (with Ian M. Sheldon)
- Screening Mechanisms and Worker Productivity (with Wayne Grove)
- Endogenous Strategic Alliances: R&D Investment, Licensing, and Research Joint Ventures
- Competitive Balance in Panel Data
Student Co-authored Publications
- Gropper, Catherine C. and Benjamin C. Anderson. 2018. "Sellout, Blackout, or Get Out: The Impacts of the 2012 Policy Change on TV Blackouts and Attendance in the NFL." Journal of Sports Economics 19(4), 522-561.
- Cremin, Caitlin and Benjamin C. Anderson. 2019. "Commitment and Satisfaction in the Classroom and on the Field: Evidence from a Division I Liberal Arts College." Applied Economics 51(9), pp. 858-880.
Student Co-authored Working Papers
- Kelly, Troy and Benjamin C. Anderson. "Collective Bargaining and Wage Dispersion: Evidence from the NBA." (Revision requested)
Summer Research Apprenticeship Funding
- Performance Evaluation and Contract Theory: Subjective vs. Objective Assessments and Reference Points (with Kevin Sayles)
Honors Thesis Advising
- Troy Kelly ('17), High Honors, "Effect of TV Contracts on NBA Salaries"
- Ethan Atwood ('16)
- Matt Knowles ('15), Honors, "The Effect of the National Input Voucher Scheme on the Technical Efficiency of Rural Farmers in Tanzania"
- Caitlin Cremin ('14), Honors, "The Winning Formula: A Case Study of the Makings of a Successful Collegiate Athlete"
- Steven Xu ('13), Honors, "Efficiency, Biases and Price Changes in the NFL and College Football Betting Markets"
- Christine Hebert ('12), Honors, “The Exogenous Effect of Corn Prices on Beef Prices in the U.S. Using R&D as an Instrumental Variable”
- Honorable Mention to a Research Manuscript By A Second-Year PhD Student, OSU (2008)
- Distinguished University Fellowship, Graduate School, OSU (2006)
- Presidential Scholarship, ONU (1999)
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Review of Development Economics, Journal of Economic Education
American Economic Association, Industrial Organization Society, European Association of Research in Industrial Economics, Society of Labor Economists, Royal Economic Society, Southern Economic Association, Omicron Delta Epsilon