Information for students who wish to reside in on-campus housing during the summer, during school breaks and recesses, and between semesters.
Recesses and Winter Break
Generally, students are away from campus during school recesses, including:
- Mid-term recess in the fall semester (“fall break”)
- Thanksgiving recess in the fall semester
- Mid-term recess during the spring semester (“spring break”)
Students who choose to remain on campus may continue to reside in their normal on-campus residence, but must first register with the University via the student housing portal. This registration is important, as it assists University personnel in maintaining a fully functioning and safe campus for the students who remain on campus.
University residences close for the weeks between the fall and spring terms. Students who require on-campus housing during that time may apply through the late stay and early arrival processes in the housing portal.
On-Campus Summer Housing Program
Information regarding summer housing in 2021 is forthcoming.
Off-Campus Summer Housing
Students working on campus during the summer are not required to live on campus and may choose to live in an off-campus residence. There is no lottery for off-campus summer housing. The Office of Residential Life can supply a listing of available summer properties to anyone interested.
Those considering an off-campus residence should be mindful of the following:
- Ensure the off-campus housing option has facilities that will meet all needs throughout the summer.
- Secure off-campus housing for the entirety of your summer stay.
- Request and retain a copy of the lease for your records.
- Colgate cannot guarantee early move-in for the fall semester. Learn more about applying for early arrival above.