Colgate University continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and offers the following guidance.
Colgate encourages masks when you are ill to decrease your risk of spreading any respiratory illness. Colgate remains a mask-friendly campus and supports those who choose to wear a mask. Members of the community may ask others to wear a mask, please be respectful of these requests.
Colgate strongly encourages but does not require, everyone to remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters. Vaccines are readily available through a variety of local health departments and pharmacies.
COVID-19 tests are available through local pharmacies and retailers. Students who are experiencing symptoms and do not have access to a COVID test may call SHS to discuss their symptoms and to discuss testing.
- Begin masking and take a test — either an at-home test or make an appointment at Student Health Services for on-campus testing.
- Contact Student Health Services or make an appointment for guidance.
- Follow our student protocols if you test positive.
- If you are symptomatic, it is recommended you wear a mask while at work or remain at home. Contact your supervisor to address staffing concerns.
- Seek testing through a medical provider, urgent care center, pharmacy or an at-home test.
- Follow our employee protocols if you test positive
COVID-19-related messages will be sent to student and employee emails.