Nominations are open for the Colgate Staff Excellence Awards. These awards are designed to recognize staff members who demonstrate outstanding achievement in Colgate’s commitment to fostering a creative and expansive learning community.
Awards will be presented at the All-Staff Meeting to be held in the spring.
The award categories and criteria are listed below.
The Individual Excellence Award (7 employees)
Recognizes members of staff who demonstrate sustained outstanding achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Effective Communication
- Creativity and Innovation
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Change Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
The Outstanding Contribution Award (1 employee)
Recognizes a member of staff for a single, outstanding achievement above and beyond their job responsibilities. For example, this person may have:
- Provided substantial assistance to another member or members of the Colgate community to achieve a goal outside normal job responsibilities
- Performed extraordinary actions not part of their normal responsibilities
- Provided decisive intervention in a situation, project, event, etc., that produced a positive outcome
- Resolved a long-standing issue with a new, creative approach
The Team Award (1 team)
Recognizes a group of staff members (multi-departmental and cross functional) that demonstrates exceptional teamwork. For example, this team may have:
- Worked together for a common purpose and exceeded expectations
- Generated synergy through a coordinated effort
- Achieved a significant University goal through effective collaboration
The Employee of the Year (1 employee)
Selected from among the recipients of the Individual Excellence Award and Outstanding Contribution Award.
- Individual Excellence: $500 plus 1 vacation day
- Outstanding Contribution: $500 plus 1 vacation day
- Team: $100 for each team member plus 1 vacation day
- Employee of the Year: $1,000 in addition to $500 individual award; name on the Staff Excellence Awards, Employee of the Year plaque.
Eligibility for Recognition: This program applies to all full-time and part-time benefit eligible staff members (except in the case where a casual wage employee may be part of the Team Award). Vice presidents, members of the president’s cabinet, and academic faculty are ineligible for consideration (library faculty and athletic faculty, including coaches, are eligible for consideration).
All employees are encouraged to nominate persons for recognition. Individuals may nominate up to three staff members and one team each year. Nomination forms are to be submitted electronically to human resources. The president’s cabinet will make the final determination of award recipients.
All nominations are due January 13, 2020.
Make your nomination!