Colgate High School Seminar
Each year since 1959, Colgate has given area high school students a taste of the college experience. Faculty and administrators teach a variety of seminars introducing college-level topics that may not be available at surrounding high schools. Students register through participating high schools and meet for three weekly classes. There are four opportunities to join High School Seminar each year with two sessions each semester.
Course examples include:
- Introduction to Fiction Writing
- Healthy Relationships
- Modernist Poetry and the Rethinking of the Human
- Climate Change & Marine Life
- Dance & Creative Movement
- War: Past, Present, Future
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Colgate SAT Prep
The COVE offers a free SAT preparation course for students from central New York. High school students work in small groups with Colgate student “coaches,” meeting in classrooms on Colgate’s campus.
Each class consists of practice for the reading, writing, and math sections of the SAT, along with college preparation activities. The course concludes in time for the May 4, 2024 administration of the SAT.
- Tailored SAT instruction with an emphasis on completing practice questions and time management strategies
- Preparation for the SAT’s optional essay
- 2 full-length practice SAT tests and test results
- College preparation and application advice