BS (1994), Beloit College; MS (1996), PhD (2000), University of Wisconsin
Metamorphic petrology, stable isotope geochemistry, Precambrian crustal growth and maturation, anorthosite petrogenesis, cordierite-gedrite rocks.
Colgate University Carter-Wallace Fellow (2009-2010), NSF research and equipment grants.
- Associate editor, Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences (2011-present)
- Associate editor, Geological Society of America Bulletin (2008-2010)
- Editorial board, Geology, (2005-2007)
(*indicates student author)
- Peck, WH, Selleck, BW, Regan, SP, *Howard, G, and *Kozel, OO, 2018, In-situ dating of metamorphism in Adirondack anorthosite: American Mineralogist, v. 103, p. 1523-1529.
- Markley, MJ, Dunn, SR, Jercinovic, MJ, Peck, WH, and Williams, ML, 2018, Monazite U-Th-Pb Geochronology of the Central Metasedimentary Belt Boundary Zone (CMBbz), Ontario Canada: Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences, v. 55, p. 1063-1078.
- Peck, WH, *Cummings, EE, *Van Slyke, E, 2018, Carbon isotope composition of birch syrup, Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, v. 71, p. 25-27.
- Volkert, RA, and Peck, WH, 2017, Constraints from geochemistry and oxygen isotopes for the origin of mafic orthoamphibole gneiss in the New Jersey Highlands, north-central Appalachians, USA: Lithos, v. 294-295, p. 184-197.
- Peck, WH, *Shramko, MF, and Verbeek, ER, 2016, Carbon and oxygen isotopes of secondary carbonates at Franklin and Sterling Hill: The Picking Table, v. 57, p. 29-38.
- Peck, WH, 2016, Protolith carbon isotope ratios in cordierite from metamorphic and igneous rocks: American Mineralogist, v. 101, p. 2279-2287.
- Darling, RS, and Peck, WH, 2016, Metamorphic conditions of Adirondack rocks: Adirondack Journal of Environmental Studies, v. 21, p. 61-79.
- Peck, WH, 2016, Episodes in geologic investigations of the Adirondacks: Adirondack Journal of Environmental Studies, v. 21, p. 41-60.
- Peck, WH, 2015, Geology at Colgate before Lathrop Hall, Colgate University Geology Department Newsletter, Winter 2014–2015, p. 27-31.
- Peck, WH, Selleck, BS, Wong, MS, Chiarenzelli, JR, Harpp, KS, Hollocher, K, Lackey, JS, *Catalano, J, *Regan, SP, and *Stocker, A, 2013, Orogenic to post-orogenic (1.20-1.15 Ga) magmatism in the Adirondack Lowlands and Frontenac terrane, southern Grenville Province: Geosphere v. 9, p. 1637-1663.
- *Agustsson KS, Johnson, SM, Peck, WH, and Kylander-Clark A., 2013, Geochemistry and geochronology of the Central Metasedimentary Belt boundary thrust zone thrust sheets in Southern Ontario, Grenville Province: Geosphere, v. 9, p. 853-863.
- Peck, WH, McLelland, JM, Bickford, ME, Nagle, AN*, Swarr, GJ*, 2010, Mechanism of zircon overgrowth formation of a granulite-facies quartzite, Adirondack Highlands, Grenville Province, New York: American Mineralogist, v. 95, p. 1796-1806.
- Peck, WH, and Tubman, SC*, 2010, Changing carbon isotope ratio of atmospheric carbon dioxide: Implications for food authentication, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, v. 58(4), p. 2364–2367
- Peck, WH, Volkert, RA, Mansur, A*, Doverspike, BA*, 2009, Stable isotope and petrologic evidence for the origin of regional marble-hosted magnetite deposits and the zinc deposits at Franklin and Sterling Hill, New Jersey Highlands: Economic Geology, v. 104, p. 1037-1054.
- Peck, WH, Valley, JW, Wilde, SA, and Graham, CM, 2001, Oxygen isotope ratios and rare earth elements in 3.3 to 4.4 Ga zircons: Ion microprobe evidence for high δ18 O continental crust and oceans in the Early Archean, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, v. 65, p. 4215-4229.
- Wilde, S, Valley, JW, Peck, WH, and Graham, CM, 2001, Evidence from detrital zircons for the existence of continental crust and oceans on the Earth 4.4 Gyr ago: Nature, v. 409, p. 175-178.