- Ph.D., Syracuse University, Religion
- M. Phil., Syracuse University, Religion
- M.A., Cornell University, Asian Studies
- B.A., Davidson College, Religion
- Ithaca College, 2012-2018
- Wells College, 2011-2012
- Syracuse University, 2007
- World Religions
- Asian religions, Hinduism, religions in modern India
- Indian Epics
- Religion and gender
- Women’s religious leadership and authority
- Globalization and religion
- Religious pluralism
- South Asian religious traditions in North America
- Guru movements and global yoga
Peer-reviewed Book Chapters and Journal Articles:
2017 “Shakti’s New Voice: Anandmurti Gurumaa and Female Empowerment,” in Women in Asian Religions, ed. Zayn Kassam. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
2014 “A Sufi, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist, TV Guru,” in Religious Pluralism, State and Society in Asia, ed. Chiara Formichi: 236-257. New York and London: Routledge.
2010 “Research on Contemporary Indian Gurus: What’s New about New Age Gurus?” Religion Compass, October 2010, 629-642.
2021. Tulasi Srinivas, The Cow in the Elevator: An Anthropology of Wonder. International Journal of Hindu Studies. Vol. 25.1 (April).
2021. Karline McLain. The Afterlife of Sai Baba: Competing Visions of a Global Saint, H-Asia Reviews, H-NET (March).
2018. John Brockington, Mary Brockington (eds) with Mandakranta Bose. The Other Rāmāyaṇa Women. International Journal of Hindu Studies. 23.3 (December).
2018 “Anandmurti Gurumaa.” World Religions & Spirituality Project (WRSP), Virginia Commonwealth University. https://wrldrels.org/
- Academic mini-grant, Ithaca College
- Doctoral Prize, College of Arts and Sciences, Syracuse University
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Award
- FLAS fellowships at Syracuse and Cornell universities
- Harvard University Pluralism Project research grant