PhD 2011, Oregon State University
ScM 2007, Brown University
BA 2004, Colgate University
I study volcanic rocks and minerals to investigate what controls the eruptive style of volcanoes.
My previous research projects have included:
- Trace element characteristics of zircon: assessing mineralization potential of granitoid intrusions and porphyries - postdoctoral project at Oregon State University
- Controls on eruptive style and magma compositions at Mount Hood, Oregon - PhD dissertation
- Magma sources and volatiles (water, carbon dioxide, sulfur, chlorine, fluorine) in melt inclusions from the Galápagos Archipelago - ScM thesis
Classes I have taught at Colgate include:
- Earth Resources (CORE Scientific Perspectives)
- Environmental Geology (GEOL 101)
- Sustainable Earth (GEOL 102)
- Geochemistry (GEOL 403)
I'm always looking for new ways to make the classroom more engaging, inviting, and interactive!