Holiday Schedule for 2023-24
Holidays falling on a Saturday will be observed on the preceding Friday. Holidays falling on a Sunday will be observed on the following Monday.
|Labor Day||Monday, September 4, 2023|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 23, 2023|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Friday, November 24, 2023|
|Full day before Christmas||Friday, December 22, 2023|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 25, 2023|
|Winter Holiday Break||Tuesday, December 26, 2023*
Wednesday, December 27, 2023*
Thursday, December 28, 2023*
|Day Before New Year's||Friday, December 29, 2023**|
|New Year's Day||Monday, January 1, 2024|
|Half Day Good Friday||Friday, March 29, 2024 (second half of normal workday)|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27, 2024|
|Juneteenth||Wednesday, June 19, 2024|
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4, 2024|
|Discretionary Day||Friday, July 5, 2024^*|
^The University has granted an additional discretionary day off on Friday, July 5, 2024.
*Applies to all regular full- and part-time employees that are benefit eligible and active on the payroll.
**Includes 1/2 day winter holiday break.
- All regular full-time employees on administrative appointments and all regular full-time technical and support staff employees are entitled to take up to three days each year in floating holiday time.
- Employees in regular part-time positions are entitled to a prorated portion of these hours annually.
- These days are designed to allow employees to celebrate religious or cultural holidays not recognized by the University calendar, but may also be used for other personal needs.
- Employees will receive three days of floating holiday time as of July 1 of each year. New hires will receive a prorated amount of time to be used between the hire date and June 30.
- Use of these hours needs to be approved by the employee’s supervisor, and supervisors are encouraged to enable employees to use these hours whenever possible.
- Unused floating holidays hours cannot be carried forward from one academic year to the next, and the hours have no monetary value and will not be paid out at the time of termination, nor can it be used to cover a break in service.
Note: For offices that must remain open during the winter holiday break because the time is essential to their work, an equivalent amount of time off may be scheduled, with the approval of the supervisor. This time should be taken prior to June 30, 2024. Time must be taken in increments of full or half day(s) only and must be recorded when taken. For the July 5, 2024 discretionary day the time should be taken prior to June 30, 2025.
Please contact human resources at 315-228-7411 if you have any questions or need additional information.