Other Colgate-Sponsored Travel Abroad

The links below are to the specific forms and documents required for you to complete and submit to the Off-Campus Study Office, 101 McGregory, when traveling outside of the United States or Canada.

Faculty, staff, and students traveling independently should notify and meet with an Off-Campus Study adviser (by emailing off-campusstudy@colgate.edu) as soon as you know that you will be traveling abroad, and should complete all required student forms below at least one month prior to departure.

Other Colgate-Sponsored Travel Forms and Instructions

Faculty and Staff Travel Leaders

  • Traveling with Students to High-Risk Destinations
  • General Pre-Departure Handbook
  • Faculty and staff travel plans form:
    • The Group Leader Travel Registry is to be completed by faculty and staff who are taking students on Colgate-sponsored travel, including off-campus class trips, or are traveling independently abroad on Colgate business.
      • For faculty and staff traveling with students, please ensure that the students have submitted the Short-Term Class Program Travel Registry (if traveling for a course project) or the Individual/Independent Travel Registry (if traveling on a non-course related project) to Off-Campus Study at least one month prior to departure. International SOS cards will not be authorized until the paperwork is complete.  (Please note that the Group Leader or Faculty Member would be responsible for sending any physician's forms to Student Health Services).
  • Crisis Management Guidelines
  • CISI/IMG Health Insurance: Health insurance is required for travel outside the U.S. International health insurance is available from Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) at nominal cost to faculty and staff traveling abroad on a Colgate-sponsored activity; for international travel only. Faculty and staff leading a student group should contact Shelley Wyman in Off-Campus Study at mwyman@colgate.edu for information on how to register their group for international health insurance. For faculty/staff traveling independently (i.e., not as a leader of a student group), they should purchase a single trip plan from CISI/IMG.
  • CISI Brochure 2019-20


Students traveling on a Colgate program or independently are required to complete the appropriate Travel Registry form Questionnaires included in this form are:

  • Acknowledgement of risk and responsibility
  • Emergency contact information
  • Travel information

Students traveling internationally must also complete:

Students, faculty and Staff CISI/IMG Health Insurance

For students

If you are a student traveling independently and need to register yourself for CISI/IMG insurance, instructions for enrollment in the student plan can be found on the Off-Campus Study Health Insurance and Emergencies page.

Faculty/staff leading a student group

For faculty/staff leading a student group abroad, please contact Shelley Wyman at mwyman@colgate.edu for assistance in registering your group.

Faculty/staff traveling independently

Colgate faculty and staff traveling independently on Colgate-related business abroad are required to purchase a Business Travel plan with CISI. Instructions for enrollment in this plan can be found on the Off-Campus Study Health Insurance and Emergencies page.

Questions should be directed to Shelley Wyman, mwyman@colgate.edu.