Congratulations on your acceptance to Colgate.
Requirements For All New Students
Colgate University requires all new students to complete and submit health information before the start of class. This information is necessary to comply with University and New York state requirements to help us direct your health care during your time at Colgate.
The deadline for submission is July 1 for the fall semester and January 9 for the spring semester.
Colgate University uses Med+Proctor to verify your medical forms and immunization requirements. You must download and submit all required medical forms through this platform.
Colgate University requires the submission of the following:
- Colgate-specific Medical History form found on Med+Proctor site
- Immunization Certificate form or official vaccine records, blue cards, yellow cards, and state immunization records are accepted.
- (Required: Two doses of MMR, one dose of Meningitis ACWY within last 5 yrs, Two doses of Varicella, and a Tdap within ten years).
- NYS Meningitis Response form found on Med+Proctor site
- TB Screening Questionnaire (done within your MedProctor registration)
- Submission of TB testing (if required) based on your answers to the TB Screening Questionnaire
This service is free, but an optional one-time fee comes with lifetime access to your records if you choose. If you are not interested in lifetime access, look for the option to decline.
All incoming students are required to use Med+Proctor to submit medical/immunization records. Submitting this information is easy. We will provide a login link as soon as the Med+Proctor system is available for use.
Visit Med+Proctor and type in your school email address to get started and complete the TB screening questionnaire. (The link will be available soon.)
Download the required, typable forms. Type your answers within the forms, and save with changes, as a PDF.
Log back into your Med+Proctor account and upload a PDF of your forms. Make sure they are complete. You will receive an email from Med+Proctor if you lack any required documentation.
- If you have not submitted your paperwork to Med+Proctor, please register with them and submit the required forms using the instructions above.
- Only the immunization form requires a healthcare provider's signature. A copy of a printed immunization record from an electronic health record or an official immunization booklet is also acceptable and does not require a healthcare provider's signature.
- If Med+Proctor has notified you that you require a vaccine or TB test you cannot access at home, please contact Student Health Services directly through your medical portal or email@example.com.
- If you have submitted your paperwork to Med+Proctor, please check your email for messages from them or log into your Med+Proctor account to identify what is missing from your submission.
- If your account states "Verified," you have submitted all the required paperwork and comply with the required immunizations. Please allow us at least three business days to process your paperwork and update your checklist.
If you have questions, you can live chat with Med+Proctor during regular business hours.
Medical or Religious Exemptions
If you are applying for a medical or religious exemption for any immunizations, do not submit this through Med+Proctor, as they will not process it.
Submit Additional Forms
Some students need to share additional medical information with Student Health Services for continuity of care while at Colgate University, such as:
- Allergy injection records and orders
- Medication Infusions (Remicade, etc.)
- Medication injection records and orders (Humira, Somponi, Dupixent, Stelara, Tremfya, Depo-Provera, Xolair)
- Documentation of any medical conditions for which you will need Student Health Services to provide prescriptions or ongoing care
As you prepare for your arrival at Colgate, we recommend putting together a first-aid kit to have on hand in case of minor illness and injuries.
- Reusable thermometer
- Hand sanitizers
- Pain/fever reliever (acetaminophen, ibuprofen)
- Prescription medications and lockbox
- Antacids/Anti-gas Tablets or Liquid
- Antibiotic cream
- Anti-itch cream
- Antihistamine (non-drowsy)
- Cold/hot pack
- Sore throat medicines