The Lampert Institute offers funding opportunities for faculty research and scholarship that is engaged in the institute’s areas of intellectual inquiry.
Several types of funding are available for faculty research and scholarly activity:
- Research grants: Funding is available to support field work, archival work, dataset purchases, or other types of research support necessary to advance scholarly projects
- Conference and workshop grants: Faculty who are interested in organizing and convening a conference or workshop at Colgate for the purpose of soliciting feedback for work-in-progress, highlighting completed projects, or pursuing collaborative ventures with colleagues at other universities or institutions are encouraged to apply for funding.
Lampert faculty grants will be awarded once a year in the spring. They are made for a period of 15 months from June 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021. Applications should be submitted to Illan Nam by e-mail. Awards will be limited by the number of meritorious applications received and the size of the budget. Submitted proposals should include the following:
- Cover page giving the title of the proposed project and the name of the applicant, along with department or office.
- Narrative description of the proposed study or event and the outcome you envision (published book, journal article or conference publication). Divide the narrative into sections for clarity and write for a non-specialist audience. If the proposal is for a conference or workshop, provide a list of attendees and short bios. The narrative part of your proposal should be no longer than 6 pages (double spaced) plus bibliography and/or citations.
- A brief statement concerning how the proposed research or event relates to longer-term research or academic plans.
- Proposed budget that lists actual expense by category.
- Brief professional resume.
- List of previous grant support received from the Lampert Institute.
Applications for AY2020-21 are due Feb. 1, 2021.