Paid positions as officials, first responders, and trap range attendant are available to student employees.
The Department of Physical Education and Recreation is often seeking students to be employed in the following roles:
- Attend scheduled meetings to learn rules, procedures, etc. These meetings are paid, with food provided.
- Officiate/referee intramural sports. Officials may be hired to officiate in more than one sport/league.
- Officiate 2–4 games per week while a league is active.
Intramural officials are compensated at Student Employment Grade Level 3.
- First responders staff events for contact sports, both for the intramural sports program and for club sports.
- First responders provide first aid in the event of injury or emergency.
- First aid certification is required.
- EMT, WFR: Student Employment Grade Level 4
- First Aid Certification: Student Employment Grade Level 3
Learn more about:
- Monitor Lineberry Natatorium (pool). The includes during swim team practices, competitions, open swim, and special programs.
- Provide rescue and first aid in the event of injury or emergency.
- Reliable attendance to scheduled shifts, and proactive swapping of shifts with other guards when conflicts arise.
- Trap shooting experience required
- Working knowledge of the safe handling of firearms required
- Work with nightly PE classes and during Sunday open shooting periods during September and October