Information about printing on the Colgate campus
Where to Find Printers
Printers are available in several computer labs across campus. To find a lab with printing available, see Computer Labs.
Print From Your Own Computer (Webprint)
Webprint allows users to easily print documents from their own computers using a printer in one of the campus computer labs.
- Access with your regular Colgate network credentials
- Campus visitors may visit either the Case-Geyer Library Circulation Desk or the Cooley Science Library Circulation Desk for access to Webprint as a guest.
- Requires no software, drivers, or browser plug-ins
- Accessible from all major web browsers
- View your recent and pending print jobs
- The file size cannot exceed 35 MB.
- It is not possible to change page layout, orientation, or size.
- It is not possible to select individual pages to print. The entire uploaded file will be printed.
- Limited to 10 copies at a time.
- The time limit to release any print job is two hours. If the job is not released within two hours, it is automatically deleted.
- Not supported for iOS or Android devices
Supported File Formats
Click an application to view its supported file extensions in Webprint.
doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx
xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx
pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, pptm, pptx
If you don’t see your file extension above, convert your file to PDF format and then print it. If your application does not have a "convert to PDF" option, you can use Google's Chrome browser which includes a "print to PDF" option.
For large volume printing, copying and imaging services, consult:
Ask for Help
If you are unable to find the information you need in the documentation available online, the ITS Service Desk is available to assist.