The ITS Research and High-Performance Computing team provides support and engagement for researchers at Colgate throughout the research lifecycle.
Though broadly available for any research computing need, the foundations of these services are high-performance computing, scientific and data applications, and specialized support for all computing platforms, including PC, Mac, and Unix/Linux.
Specific services in research computing include:
- Design and administration of centralized high-performance computing resources.
- Design and administration of centralized research storage.
- Support for research-related PC, Mac and Unix/Linux servers and workstations including installation, maintenance, support, and troubleshooting.
- Assistance with developing and modifying code for research needs.
- Requirements analysis for research computing needs, including for new faculty startup, new grants, and new projects in conjunction with the ITS Engagement & Support Team.
- Security support for Unix/Linux including patches, firewalls, and backup in conjunction with the Information Security Officer (ISO)
- Support for scientific lab computer installations for faculty and student researchers and departmental lab managers in conjunction with the ITS Engagement & Support Team.
- Assistance in licensing, installation, and use of analytic and scientific software packages and coordination with the ITS Engagement & Support Team
Ask for Help
If you are unable to find the information you need in the documentation available online, the ITS Service Desk is available to assist.