As many of you prepare to leave campus, we put together a checklist of items to include to help keep you connected.
Things to take home with you
- Laptop and power charger
- Phone, tablet, and power charger
- Headphones for best audio to continue online instruction from home
Considerations before you leave
- Home Internet: How’s your internet at home? Need a hotspot before leaving campus to use until you return? Contact ITS to discuss your needs.
- Software Needs to complete coursework: Have you been using software on a public lab, library or DLMC computer? Will you be able to complete your coursework once you return home? We offer free installation of Microsoft Office, SPSS, Stata, and more. For available software visit colgate.edu/software or contact ITS to discuss your needs. Our newest addition to this list is Adobe Creative Cloud For more information on accessing Creative Cloud, please visit colgate.edu/software.
- Equipment Needs to complete coursework: Do you need to wrap up a multimedia project? Will you need a camera, microphone, voice recorder, or any other equipment? Browse borrow.colgate.edu or contact ITS to discuss your needs.
If you have any questions or need assistance installing software, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 315-228-7111 or email email@example.com.