- PhD Temple University 1999
- BS University of Michigan 1993
- Professor of Mathematics, Colgate University, 2012-present
- Associate Professor of Mathematics, Colgate University, 2005-2012
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Colgate University, 1999-2005
- Teaching assistant, Temple University, 1993-1999
I have taught the following courses at Colgate:
- FSEMs: Art of Problem Solving, Math and Music
- Math 105: Introduction to Statistics
- Math 111: Calculus I
- Math 112: Calculus II
- Math 113: Calculus III
- Math 250: Number Theory and Mathematical Reasoning
- Math 316: Probability
- Math 327: Geometry
- Math 377: Real Analysis
- Math 410: Ramsey Theory on the Integers
- Math 416: Mathematical Statistics
- Math 483: Research Seminar in Mathematics
Combinatorics, specifically Ramsey Theory.
Outside of math, I enjoy playing guitar and singing in the band Dangerboy as well as learning the art and science of mixing and recording music.
- Ramsey Theory on the Integers, Second Edition (with Bruce Landman), AMS, 2014 (heavily revised and expanded)
- Combinatorial Number Theory: Proceedings of the Integers Conference 2011 (co-editor with Bruce Landman, Mel Nathanson, Jaroslav Nesetril, Richard Nowakowski, and Carl Pomerance), de Gruyter, 2013
- Combinatorial Number Theory: Proceedings of the Integers Conference 2007 (co-editor with Bruce Landman, Mel Nathanson, Jaroslav Nesetril, Richard Nowakowski, and Carl Pomerance), de Gruyter, 2009
- Ramsey Theory on the Integers (with Bruce Landman), AMS, 2004.
- 33 articles in the following journals: Advances in Applied Math., Annals of Combinatorics, ARCH, Discrete Math., Discrete Math. and Theoretical Computer Science, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, European Journal of Combinatorics, Experimental Math., Integers, Journal of Combinatorics and Number Theory, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (Series A), Journal of Combinatorics, New Phytologist, Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, Séminaire Lotharingien de Combinatoire, and SIAM Journal of Discrete Math.
Visit www.aaronrobertson.org for a complete list of my papers, all of which are downloadable.
- NSA Research grant
- 2 NSF Conference grants
- Research Council Associate Leave Award
- Nominated as Phi Eta Sigma Professor of the Year (x3)
- Shared $100 prize from Ron Graham for co-solving one of his unsolved problems
- Awarded $50 prize from Doron Zeilberger for "almost" solving another Ron Graham problem
- Outstanding Teaching Awards, Temple University 1996, 1997, 1998
- Graduated with highest distinction (top 3 percent) from University of Michigan, 1993
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa, University of Michigan Chapter, 1993