Your 'Gate Card is an official student ID that grants access to facilities and dining spaces across campus, acts as a quasi–debit card, and more.
The University requires a new photo to be taken for these purposes, and can be done on your smartphone or device. Printed ’Gate Cards will be available for new students to pick up upon arrival.
- Must be a color photo
- Taken within the last two months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- Taken from the shoulders up
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis, students who regularly wear glasses should have them on in the photo.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
Submitting Your Photo
There are two options to submit your 'Gate Card photo
- The GET Mobile app
- The GET Online ’Gate Card portal
Upload Via the GET Mobile App
- Visit the App Store or Google Play Store on a smartphone and download the GET Mobile app.
- Scroll through the listed schools and select Colgate University.
- Sign in with your Colgate username and password.
- Select a PIN, set up biometric login (fingerprint or facial ID depending on device), and complete the updated contact information section (if prompted).
- Once signed in, select: Menu icon >> Settings >> Change ID Photo.
- Select the camera icon, then tap Select Photo. You will then be prompted to choose either your camera or files — because Colgate requires a new photo to be submitted, please select your camera.
- Tap the checkmark and adjust the crop settings as desired, then tap Crop to save and submit your photo.
- Campus safety will review each image prior to approval. If a photo is rejected for any reason, you will receive an email notification from GET Mobile with a reason for the rejection and a prompt to submit a new photo.
After completing the photo-upload process, we recommend that you keep GET Mobile on your device, as the app can be used to add funds to your ’Gate Cash account, for contactless payments at select venues on campus, and more.
Upload Via the GET Online ’Gate Card Portal
- Go to get.cbord.com/colgate
- Click Login and sign in with your Colgate username and password.
- In the Quick Links section of the page, click Upload ID Photo.
- Under Upload ID Photo, click Choose File.
- Take a photo with a phone or camera and transfer it to your computer. The site has a file size limit of 1MB.
- Drag and center the gray box over your face, then click Crop to save.
- If a photo is rejected for any reason, you will receive an email notification from GET Mobile with a reason for the rejection, and a prompt to submit a new photo.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact campus safety at email@example.com.