Colgate provides a free shuttle service around Hamilton and the university campus, open to students and the public.
A free shuttle to campus from the Syracuse airport is being offered at the following dates and times at the start of the spring 2021 semester:
- January 21 (CLs and approved early arrivals only): 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- January 22: 12 p.m., 3 p.m., and 6 p.m.
- January 23: 12 p.m., 3 p.m., and 6 p.m.
Questions?: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 315-228-4287
Students should arrive during the daytime; however if your flight will not coincide with one of the scheduled shuttle times due to limited flight availability, travel delays, etc., the On-Demand Shuttle is an option with a sliding price scale depending on the number of passengers. Students who must arrive outside of the regular arrival registration window should check in at Campus Safety.
Winter Break 2020
The Colgate Cruiser will continue to run during winter break. See the individual route pages for detailed timetables.
- The Cruiser will not offer service on Dec. 24, Dec. 25, Dec. 31, or Jan. 1.
- The Cruiser will provide shuttles supporting arrival: Jan. 22–23
- Cruiser shut down for Universal Quarantine: Jan. 25–conclusion of universal quarantine
- Normal service schedules will resume at the conclusion of the universal quarantine.
Changes to Cruiser Mobile App
TransLoc, the provider of the mobile app supporting live tracking of the Colgate Cruiser, has launched a new app, TransLoc, as it discontinues its legacy app, Rider.
Riders of the Colgate Cruiser should download the new TransLoc app prior to the discontinuation of Rider on Jan. 29, 2021:
The Colgate Cruiser is making significant changes to ensure it can continue to provide safe and effective service to the Colgate community through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Five additional vehicles have been put in service. These vehicles have a regular capacity of 15 passengers, but will be de-densified for safety.
- The fall 2020 semester will feature new routes and schedules.
- All drivers will receive virus testing prior to the start of the semester.
- Service provider FirstTransit has implemented a plan for the safety and cleanliness of their service statewide in compliance with all New York State mandated protocols.
Please contact the First Transit Office with any questions or concerns (contact information is below).
- On campus office phone: 315-228-4287
- Off-hours assistance:
- Early morning and emergencies: 315-269-3874
- After 4:30 p.m.: 315-269-4587
- Colgate purchasing office: 315-228-7838 or email@example.com
- Shuttle service is operated by First Transit