Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies and Physics
Department/Office InformationEnvironmental Studies, Physics and Astronomy
Contactltseng@colgate.edu (315) 228-7095
My research focuses on plastic and plasticizers in water, rural water quality, extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) and their interaction with bacteria and their ambient environment.
- Ph.D, Engineering, concentration in Environmental Engineering — University of California, Irvine
- M.S., Environmental Engineering & Science— Stanford
- B.S., Environmental Engineering — University of California, Irvine
- B.S., Earth & Environmental Science — University of California, Irvine
- Merino, Nancy, Wang, Meng, Ambrocio, Rocio, Mak, Kimberly, O'Connor, Ellen, Gao, An, Hawley, Elisabeth L., Deeb, Rula A., Tseng, Linda Y., Mahendra, Shaily (2018). Fungal biotransformation of 6:2 fluorotelomer alcohol, Remediation Journal, 28, 2, 59-70.
- Tseng, Linda Y., Robinson, Alice K., Zhang, Xiaying, Xu, Xiaomei, Southon, John, Hamilton, Andrew J., Sobhani, Reza, Stenstrom, Michael K., and Rosso, Diego (2016). Identification of preferential paths of fossil carbon within water resource recovery facilities via radiocarbon analysis, Environmental Science and Technology, 50, 22, 12166-12178.
- Nguyen, Derek T., Linda Y. Tseng, Reza Sobhani, and Diego Rosso (2015). Energy analysis of reclaimed water application for irrigation in arid and semi-arid regions, Journal of Water and Climate, 7, 1, 159-168
- Tseng, Linda Y., Riccardo Gori, and Diego Rosso (2015). Effects of Activated Sludge Process Conditions on the Production of Extracellular Polymeric Substances: Results of Yearlong Monitoring in a Warm Climate, Environmental Engineering Science, 32, 7, 582-592
- Tseng, Linda Y., Michael Gonsior, Philippe Schmitt-Kopplin, William J. Cooper, Paul Pitt, and Diego Rosso (2013). Molecular Characteristics and Differences of Effluent Organic Matter from Parallel Activated Sludge and Integrated Fixed-Film Activated Sludge (IFAS) Processes, Environmental Science & Technology, 47, 18, 10277–10284.
- Tseng, Linda Y. and Sunny C. Jiang (2012). Comparison of recreational health risks associated with surfing and swimming in dry weather and post-storm conditions at Southern California beaches using quantitative microbial risk assessment (QMRA), Marine Pollution Bulletin, 2012.
- Michael Gonsior, Matthew Zwartjes, William J. Cooper, Weihua Song, Kenneth P. Ishida, Linda Y. Tseng, Matthew K. Jeung, Diego Rosso, Norbert Hertkorn, Philippe Schmitt-Kopplin, Molecular characterization of effluent organic matter identified by ultrahigh resolution mass spectrometry, Water Research, 2011
- Townsend-Small, Amy, Diane E. Pataki, Linda Y. Tseng, Cheng-Yao Tsai, and Diego Rosso (2011). Nitrous Oxide Emissions from Wastewater Treatment and Water Reclamation Plants in Southern California, Journal of Environmental Quality, 40, 1542-1550.
- Gonsior, Michael, Matthew Zwartjes, William J. Cooper, Weihua Song, Kenneth P. Ishida, Linda Y. Tseng, Matthew K. Jeung, Diego Rosso, Norbert Hertkorn and Philippe Schmitt-Kopplin (2011). Molecular characterization of effluent organic matter identified by ultrahigh resolution mass spectrometry, Water Research, 45, 9, 2943-2953.
Extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) and their interaction with anthropogenic pollutants during activated sludge wastewater treatment processes
|Civil and Environmental Engineering Departmental Service Award, UC Irvine||2011|
|Second place, Water Environment Federation (WEF) Student Wastewater Challenge,
|First place, Water Environment Federation (WEF) Student Wastewater Challenge,
Collections Systems Conference, Phoenix, AZ
|Undergraduate Research/Departmental Service Award
School of Physical Sciences, UC Irvine
|Education Abroad Program (EAP) Scholarship for Study Abroad in Italy, UC Irvine||2005|
- International Water Association (IWA)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers & Scientists (AAEES)
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP)
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- California Water Environment Association (CWEA)
- Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honors Society (XE)
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)